Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"Feed My Sheep"

"Feed my sheep" is the instruction that Christ gave to the Apostle Peter in direct response to the inquiry, "do you love me?"

For centuries pastors, bishops, priests and church leaders have all interpreted this passage of Scripture.

My goal is much more simple: to apply this command to daily life. For me, personally, that is part of what this blog is all about. "Feed my sheep."

I believe Christ is commanding us to feed one another. We are sharpened when we lift up one another. We are fed ourselves when we choose to feed a brother or sister.

This is my goal here at Living With Integrity--to reach out through the Internet, beyond the constraints of time and geography or even society and feed you. And I trust that in so doing, I myself will be fed.

For the Good Shepherd promises to spread a feast before us and drape His banner above us...His banner--LOVE.

So I invite you to come to Jesus and be fed. Know that He loves you with an everlasting love. No man can pluck you from His hand. And nothing can separate you from the love of God.

No comments: