Saturday, January 12, 2008

Whosoever...Surely Means Me?

This blog has been sitting idle for almost two years. When I wrote the first post, I had intended to chronicle my journey to authenticity.

I have not done so, but there are others who have. (Check out Eric's story at Two World Collision and JJ's story at Christian, Gay and Confused. )

I have decided to resurrect this blog, however, because I have been fortunate.

I have not experienced ex-gay "therapy". I have not attempted suicide (or really ever seriously considered it). I have not lost friends and family. I have not walked away from my faith.

But my brothers and sisters have suffered too much and too long. So I must say with Christ, "suffer the little children to come..." Christ came to give abundant life. And He offers Living Water--free and without condition. He only extends the invitation.

There's an old gospel hymn that says "Whosoever surely meaneth me!" So, I start up this blog again with one purpose: to say to each one of you, no matter who you are or where you've been, "whosoever" surely means you!

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39 ASV)

No comments: